Christmas is in sight! And the sweetest time of year is when we freely create gifts like essential oil bath salts, that give from the heart.
These DIY Essential Oil Bath Salts are divine! And let me tell you, I would rather escape to a relaxing bath than a crowded airport, jetting off to the Carribean for Christmas. Well, most days, anyways.
But if you really want to give a meaningful gift this Christmas that is budget friendly, consider a beautiful bath essentials basket. These DIY Essential Oil Balt Salts are an exquisite addition, for the person in your life who deserves a little “r & r” .
This recipe is SO so simple to whip up and an inexpensive way to give your loved one a luxurious escape (or even yourself!).
Check Out the Video Below to watch me whip up these Bath Salts!
The Power Of Bath Salts
I remember watching my father , when I was a girl, grab his container of Epsom salts as he headed towards the bathroom. He worked hard, and soaking those muscles became a nighttime ritual.
I remembered that when I became pregnant with our children, and every muscle ached. The power those bath salts bore, to flush away stress and relax every muscle, was profound.
But the REAL impact came when I discovered the highest quality essential oils.
IDEAS for Gifting!
- Create a basket of BATH goodies and include your mason jar of essential oils in it.
- Save the clear empty plastic balls from candy machines that your kids might buy from time to time. Fill them with these essential oil bath salts and pop them in a stocking!
- Create a basket of Essential Oil Bath Salts, ranging from “Calming” to “Energizing” with pretty labels.
The “Escape” of Essential Oils.
When I was pregnant with our fifth, I was so so sick with the lovely ‘all day’ morning sickness that often plagues pregnant women. Nothing could soothe my upset stomach.
A friend reached out to me and offered to send me samples of some essential oils that she was certain could help.
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical.
But it was a free sample!
One particularly rough day I had appointments in town. I was not sure how I would make it through my appointments without being sick.
Swinging by the mailbox, I opened a tiny bubble envelope with teeny bottles of “Wild Orange” and “Ginger”.
The Wild Orange was pure MAGIC.
Where nothing before had soothed my suffering stomach, I sat baffled in my car, inhaling those citrus essences that swept through me with calm.
It was then I discovered the incredible soothing power of pure essential oils.
Why Quality Matters
Isn’t this true of everything in life? Quality counts.
But did you know that the potency of essential oils is really determined by their quality?
It also determines whether they are even SAFE to use, because the essences are so highly concentrated.
There are innumerable certified organic essential oils on the market that do not have to pass quality assurance tests to ensure their safe use.
DōTERRA, goes through extended lengths to be sure their oils are not only ‘safe’ but of the highest quality standards available. They use seven separate quality assurance tests on each batch.
Why does that matter?
The book, “Smart Moms Guide to Essential Oils” emphasizes the importance of purchasing therapeutic grade essential oils. Not only does a higher quality have a more ‘nourishing’ effect on our senses, but they also are significantly more economical and safer.
How to SAVE with dōTERRA Essential Oils
When your essential oils are high quality your product is also high quality.
For example, Imagine you are making these luxurious bath salts using lavender oil, but the particular company you purchased from did not have a high standard of quality. You would end up using MORE essential oils to create the same potent fragrance, with dōTERRA.
DID YOU KNOW that one 15ml bottle of lemon essential oil from dōterra contains around 50 lemons? And one of those 250 drops found in that bottle is FAR more potent than what you could squeeze out of a lemon yourself. (Dr.Snyder, “Smart Mom’s Guide to Essential Oils). And all that for about $10. Not only is this particular essential oil powerful in a diffuser, but I also add one drop to my 1 litre water bottle to hydrate throughout the day (though NOT all oils are food grade!). It is also one of the main ingredients in my homemade cleaning products and beauty products. It is also a great way to ‘energize’, adding a few drops to a diffuser.
Interested in getting dōTERRA Essential at a deep discount and earn 10-30% back in rewards? CLICK HERE to SAVE BIG, sign up as a doTERRA VIP member and access the essential oils I used in this recipe. They help me make cleaning products for only pennies a month!
The EASIEST Recipe for DIY Bath Salts!
I love a steaming hot bath, but not nearly as much as a steaming hot bath with my dōTERRA oils!
There is little that has ever made me feel more rejuvenated. This is the easiest recipe you can re-use time and time again for your own enjoyment.
Have someone in your life trying to get healthy? Skip the “Christmas Chocolates” and gift them some divine DIY Bath Salts! Include the recipe so they can make it too!
What you NEED:
- LEMON dōTERRA Essential Oil (Or just LEMON EUCALYPTUS for even more savings!)
- EUCALYPTUS dōTERRA Essential Oil
- Lavender dōTERRA
- Baking Soda
- Himalayan Sea Salt (Easily found at your local Grocery or often cheaper if purchased HERE.)
- These Epsom Salts are essential and so inexpensive!
- Citric Acid if you want a little FIZZ.
This is one of the simplest and most luxurious DIY gifts on the planet.
- First mix 1 cup of Baking Soda with 1/2 cup of Himalayan Sea Salt and 1/2 cup of Epsom salts. If you want a FIZZY Bath Salts mix add 1/2 of CITRIC ACID to the dry ingredients NOW.
- Next Add 2 Tablespoons of a Carrier oil like Olive Oil or fractionated Coconut oil.
- Add 10-12 drops each of Lavender, Lemon and Eucalyptus (Or “Lemon Eucalyptus”) dōTERRA Essential oils.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Add to an Up-Cycled Mason jar. I am up cycling one from a local dairy that we purchase greek yogurt from. If you don’t have any, you can purchase Mason Jars HERE and reusable LIDS HERE.
- Be sure to add some greenery, a ribbon, or some dried flowers and seal it with a note.
Tips for VARIATIONS:
Feel comfortable experimenting with your essential oils for bath salts. I believe dōTERRA essential oils are like exotic treasures from afar we ‘collect’ over time. It is beautiful to see your collection grow and with it, your enthusiasm for creativity!
- Be sure your oils are topically safe and whether they need to be diluted or not prior to adding to your salts.
- Choose citrus scents like lemon and WILD ORANGE for a more energizing bath. Choose calming scents like Lavender or Bergamot or Jasmine for de-stressing.
- Add some Lavender Buds or dried Rose Petals to your salts for an EXTRA specia