As a large family, we know how to EAT. Despite this, my goal is always to become more efficient (and healthy) when it comes to FOOD. Here are some simple ways to incorporate basic meal planning into your life. Though we may have time in abundance, stressing over “what’s for dinner” is not a way I like to spend mine!…
Thank you for stopping by. We hope you feel welcome to our homestead.
My name is Tiffany and I am and American Canadian who grew up toggling between two countries throughout my youth. Canada won my heart when I met and married the love of my life, and I moved to French Quebec permanently. Now, we have seven children (six BOYS and one tough cookie little girl!), and a developing homestead.
Fun Facts about our Family:
- We are quirky homeschoolers who love Jesus.
- We love music and muddy puddles.
- My Husband is French Quebecois (bi-lingual) and I fumble along in broken French.
- Our children are not bi-lingual, yet, but they are learning more French every day.
- We eat a LOT of food. Hence the reason we needed a homestead.
- We love getting our hands dirty through hard work and playing in the great outdoors.
- My husband and I are completely in love, infatuated, crazy about each other. We may annoy you.
- Our kids are very unique because there is zero peer pressure to be anyone besides themselves.
- We don’t do “video games”. Is that a “fun fact”? Hmmm…
- We LOVE to read!
- If you see us out and about, we are that crazy large family that rides around in a mini bus, who everyone thinks is a “day care” or “public school group” out on a field trip…to the grocery store.
- We love camping, campfires, and the smell of the woods.
- No, we do not know what we are doing. We are amateurs. Come learn alongside of our family as we attempt to build a sustainable life in the big woods.
- Scratch that. My husband actually DOES know what he is doing. He is an old fashioned Do-It-Yourself woodsman who can build a skyscraper from a toothpick. Ok…a bit of an exaggeration..but he could start a fire with it.
- I am a bohemian hippie soul, who loves Jesus, my husband, my children, organic coffee, art, reading, PLANTS, PLANTS, PLANTS…my BELOVED patchy farmhouse, clean healthy eating, and I have a sweet tooth for not-so-healthy desserts. In that order.
Fun Facts About Our Homestead:
- We live on 63 + acres of wooded property.
- Our house used to be a small bungalow, but, a few years ago, my husband tore the roof off and built a second storey for our growing family.
- This is not our first property we bought to homestead on. It is, however, the only property we have ever lived on to homestead.
- We have had a goat that my husband gave me for Valentine’s Day (yes, I LOVED it!). Then we had a dog that tragically killed my goat. At one point we had chickens. Eventually another dog ate our chickens. Apparently, we thought having two sheep without an enclosure was a good idea…until the sheep escaped and ran in the road continuously. But, one of my favourite of the animals that have come our way and are always friendly…are the little woodland critters that are as curious about us as we are of them. Our friend fox, for example, enjoys observing us through the window in the winter mornings.
- Our two storey farmhouse is still in the works, and we would love to share some of our ongoing projects with you.
- I once planted seventy three tomato plants from seed. After a couple months of caring for them, they were ready to move into the great outdoors. However, between our dog tearing them apart, and our children (who were younger at the time) playing with them… I was able to harvest exactly ONE tomato from my efforts. However, I am determined to have a successful tomato harvest.
- Indeed, we are failing forward. But we are not embarrassed of our continually learning, because we are making progress each year! Come join us on our journey as we learn together!