Traditional buttercream frosting is downright irresistible. But this Perfect Paleo Buttercream frosting truly “takes the cake”.
Swooned by my love for cake, I held a desire to create a dairy-free version. And since revolutionizing my own diet for health reasons, I have been hard at work in my kitchen, creating recipes I could love. This one is a personal FAVOURITE.
What Makes this Frosting So Fantastic
I haver never been an “icing’ sort of gal. I want BUTTER. Particularly, I want it thick and creamy and spread with abandon.
But as I am still in the testing ground of my diet changes, I needed to create a recipe for my frosting that was not only decadent but that fiercely competed with the REAL DEAL.
ENTER Coconut oil. Organic and Extra virgin to be precise.
It is quite remarkable how this extraordinary tropical food whips up like the whimsical version of its dairy laden cousin.
Powdered Sugar Even a Health Nut could Get ‘On Board’ with.
Ever get that nauseated feeling after consuming too much frosting? Yeah. I’ve been there.
That doesn’t happen with THIS substitute for conventional powdered sugar.
Perfectly delicious, and blended in seconds, it also has a sweetly golden goodness to it.
What You will need:
- Coconut sugar, this one is a great deal!
- tapioca flour
- Organic extra version coconut oil from this brand gives you the best deal per ounce!
Don’t forget the Tapioca!
Tapioca is derived from the cassava root. It is starchy and high in carbs but you only need a teeny bit to blend with this powdered sugar substitute. Despite its carb base it is still a much healthier choice to traditional highly processed powdered sugar.
Blend it up!
Begin by blending your coconut sugar in a high speed mixer for about 30 seconds.
Add in a Tbs of Tapioca powder and blend on high for another 10 seconds.
Pour into a prepared bowl. Don’t worry if you spill a little. Have fun!
Sift or blend the powdered cocoa to remove any lumps.
Add in the powdered coconut sugar.
Blend the solid coconut oil with a fork until smooth, and no lumps. Then add it to the powdered sugar mixture.
Pour in the Raw Honey and blend until creamy.
Blend until creamy in a stand mixer or by hand.
Perfect Paleo ‘Buttercream’ Frosting
- 2 Cups Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Powder
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut or Almond milk
- Sift the Cocoa powder to remover any lumps.
- Blend the Coconut Sugar and Tapioca starch in a blender on high speed for about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut sugar to the powdered suagr.
- Cream the solid Coconut Oil with a fork until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil to the powdered suagr mix.
- Pour in 1/2 cup raw honey and blend.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocnut or almond milk until desired "creamy" consistency is achieved.
This ‘Buttercream’ Pairs DELICIOUSLY with our Favourite Perfect PALEO Chocolate Cake!
PIN THIS POST!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Don’t forget to subscribe and drop a comment below if you tried this recipe!